All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Salesforce - how to add a filter to the query

Gunnar
Explorer

Hi,

we just tested the Splunk Add-on for Salesforce to pull some custom fields from custom database tables to use them in a Dashboard in Splunk.  We are using the "Salesforce Object" input and it is working fine so far. We get all the fields we need.

What I am missing though is an option to set a filter for the SOQL query, because we don't want (and are not allowed) to fetch all entries from a certain object/table.

When defining the input through the UI one can define the SELECT part of the query (object fields) and also the FROM part (object), but there is option to enter a WHERE statement.

Is there a way to this?

I've looked at the underlying scripts of the Add-on but didn't find anything obvious - I was hoping for a comment like "add your WHERE statement here if you need it"  😉

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Gunnar 

As per Add-on docs there is no WHERE condition/filter that you can apply for sfdc_object. Refer - Configure Salesforce object inputs for Splunk add-on for Salesforce - Splunk Documentation . I would suggest to reach out to splunk support.

SEELCT object_field1, object_field2, object_field3 FROM sf_object_name WHERE data_time_field > last_check_point_data_time ORDER BY order_by_field ASC LIMIT 1000

This is how Splunk created query behind,  the only WHERE condition is implicit based on start_date i guess it creates it and no control to user.

----

An upvote would be appreciated if it helps!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

viku7474
Engager

@Gunnar Did you find any alternate solution? I have a similar problem and looking for a solution. 

0 Karma

Pritam2022

The Indian monetary help industry is seeing fast development. With fintech firms flooding from the fringe into the standard, it's prompting an inviting difference in how scores of Indians pay, bank, acquire, contribute, and safeguard themselves. 
Salesforce Course in Pune
Salesforce Training in Pune

0 Karma

Gunnar
Explorer

Thanks, I'll try to reach out to Splunk support. Without an option to add a filter to the SOQL query this add-on would unfortunately be useless to us.

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Gunnar 

As per Add-on docs there is no WHERE condition/filter that you can apply for sfdc_object. Refer - Configure Salesforce object inputs for Splunk add-on for Salesforce - Splunk Documentation . I would suggest to reach out to splunk support.

SEELCT object_field1, object_field2, object_field3 FROM sf_object_name WHERE data_time_field > last_check_point_data_time ORDER BY order_by_field ASC LIMIT 1000

This is how Splunk created query behind,  the only WHERE condition is implicit based on start_date i guess it creates it and no control to user.

----

An upvote would be appreciated if it helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...