All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for OSSEC: Why are my pre-built panels gone after update?

jchamb
Explorer

Updated and the pre-built panels are gone....how do I get them back?

0 Karma

paulmccarty

I'm having the same problem as jchamb above. I just installed Splunk 6.5.0 and all the dropdowns are gone and there is no functionality. I have no dashboards, reports metrics, etc. The only drop down is for "Default View". "Dashboards and Views", "Searches and Reports" and "Agent Management" are all gone.

Here's a pic:
alt text

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I still see the pre-built panels are still part of the TA under Splunk_TA_ossec/default/data/ui/panels/. You should not lose any dashboard built using those panels unless you have them saved in the default folder.

0 Karma

jchamb
Explorer

so I have 4 files in that directory. However when I click on the app in splunk the only drop down menu is "default" where there used to be quite a few others...

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

maybe your dashboard doesnt have permission to the OSSEC app? It works on my end which means could be permission. Either check permission or more those panels to the app that contains the dashboard in question

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...