All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Nessus: Why am I getting error "NessusConfigException: Cannot get the encrypted keys."?

daniel_augustyn
Contributor

I am getting this error while trying to integrate Nessus logs with Splunk:

2016-05-13 04:55:06,583 ERROR pid=9133 tid=MainThread file=nessus.py:get_nessus_modinput_configs:157 | Traceback (most recent call last):   File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nessus/bin/nessus.py", line 147, in get_nessus_modinput_configs
    input_conf = config.get_data_input(input_name)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nessus/bin/nessus_config.py", line 186, in get_data_input
    check_conf_mgr_result(False, "Cannot get the encrypted keys.")
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nessus/bin/nessus_config.py", line 27, in check_conf_mgr_result
    raise NessusConfigException(msg)
NessusConfigException: Cannot get the encrypted keys.

Any idea how to resolve it?

0 Karma
1 Solution

daniel_augustyn
Contributor

Already fixed, the issue was with API keys. I had to redo it and it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

daniel_augustyn
Contributor

Already fixed, the issue was with API keys. I had to redo it and it worked.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The error is suggesting that maybe you havent put your nessus api keys in the conf file for the app. Is this a first time install or upgrade?

0 Karma

daniel_augustyn
Contributor

Already fixed, the issue got fixed after redoing it again. I had to generate new API keys and re-entered them again. It worked this time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...