All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows: How do I specify which index to send data to?

andrewtrobec
Builder

Hello,

I've just installed the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows and I will be collecting data from UFs that forward first to a HF and then to an indexing cluster.  The app will be deployed to multiple UFs via deployment server.  I only want to collect data from the machines that the UFs are installed on.

I see that there is no way to specify within inputs.conf which index to send the data to.  I've read the documentation but I still don't understand how.  I've even found this post which discusses the same topic but doesn't really provide me with an answer that I understand (sends me to documentation for older version of the add-on).

Could somebody please give me a push in the right direction?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Specify the destination index in inputs.conf.  Simply insert a new line in the appropriate stanza with index = followed by the name of index.  See the examples at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/WindowsAddOn/8.1.2/User/Configuration#Configure_inputs.conf

---
If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

andrewtrobec
Builder

@richgalloway thank you so much, I don't know how I didn't figure that out.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Specify the destination index in inputs.conf.  Simply insert a new line in the appropriate stanza with index = followed by the name of index.  See the examples at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/WindowsAddOn/8.1.2/User/Configuration#Configure_inputs.conf

---
If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Improve Your Security Posture

Watch NowImprove Your Security PostureCustomers are at the center of everything we do at Splunk and security ...

Maximize the Value from Microsoft Defender with Splunk

Watch NowJoin Splunk and Sens Consulting for this Security Edition Tech TalkWho should attend:  Security ...

This Week's Community Digest - Splunk Community Happenings [6.27.22]

Get the latest news and updates from the Splunk Community here! News From Splunk Answers ✍️ Splunk Answers is ...