All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager: New SCOMManagementGroupConnection Fail: Unable to find type [System.Net.WebUtility]

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

Greetings Splunk Ninjas!

I have installed the SCOM add-on, configured it using an account which has both administrative rights to the SCOM server, and SCOM console. Further, I have verified the GET-SCOM* commands work inside the server Powershell. However, when initializing the application, the message is repeated in the log: index=_internal source=*ta_scom.log

2016-06-02 07:03:39 -04:00 [ERROR] New SCOMManagementGroupConnection Fail: Unable to find type [System.Net.WebUtility]: make sure that the assembly containing this type is loaded.
0 Karma
1 Solution

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

did you install the add-on on the SCOM console server? Are you using HW forwarder?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

did you install the add-on on the SCOM console server? Are you using HW forwarder?

0 Karma

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

Thank you. I will do that and follow up here with the answer.

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

i would suggest to file a support ticket and attach diag for us to take a look. It might be easier that way.

0 Karma

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

Data has stopped all of a sudden. index=_internal source=*ta_scom.log shows no results.

0 Karma

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

I installed the Add-on using the Splunk Enterprise Server. It shows up as an app.

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You need to have the add-on installed on a HFW or Light W. forwarder and on the console server for data collection.
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/latest/MSSCOM/Install
from the doc:
Splunk recommends using a heavy forwarder for data collection because the add-on requires Python and the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SCOM UI is recommended to configure inputs. The Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SCOM and the forwarder must be installed on the same machine as the SCOM Operations console.

0 Karma

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

Thank you. I am getting data now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...