All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Security Failed to load Inputs Page

ryan_629
Explorer

I recently installed the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Security to Splunk Cloud and configured it to connect via API to an app registered in Azure. The data is still not loading on the Security section of the Microsoft 365 App for Splunk. I checked in Azure and Incident.Read has permissions enabled on the app. The Splunk documentation says that I should go to Add-on > Inputs and click Create New Input to complete the configuration. When I go to the Inputs page I get the message: "Failed to load Inputs Page
This is normal on Splunk search heads as they do not require an Input page. Check your installation or return to the configuration page. Error: Request failed with status code 500". 

I am not sure how I can fix this as I have no other place to put the endpoints as Inputs.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@ryan_629 - This is common in the classic Splunk cloud environment as it removes the inputs.conf.spec file and inputs.conf files.

These files are necessary to collect the data and also to load the Add-on UI.

You have two options:

I hope this helps!! Karma/upvote would be appreciated!!!

View solution in original post

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@ryan_629 - This is common in the classic Splunk cloud environment as it removes the inputs.conf.spec file and inputs.conf files.

These files are necessary to collect the data and also to load the Add-on UI.

You have two options:

I hope this helps!! Karma/upvote would be appreciated!!!

ryan_629
Explorer

Thanks very much, I will try this

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...