All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Office 365 Reporting Web Service - NoneType- How to resolve this error?

tsierminski2

I have been working on this issue for several days now and cannot seem to pull message trace data over to Splunk  via OAuth using Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Office 365 Reporting Web Service 2.0.1 on Splunk 8.1.1  The following is the error that is thrown.

ERROR pid=42990 tid=MainThread file=base_modinput.py:log_error:316 | Get error when collecting events.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS_O365_Reporting/lib/splunktaucclib/modinput_wrapper/base_modinput.py", line 140, in stream_events
self.collect_events(ew)
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS_O365_Reporting/bin/ms_o365_message_trace_oauth.py", line 355, in collect_events
get_events_continuous(helper, ew)
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-MS_O365_Reporting/bin/ms_o365_message_trace_oauth.py", line 97, in get_events_continuous
messages = message_response['value'] or None
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ldnail_at_TI
Path Finder

I was using the wrong ID for the Client ID. Make sure you use the Application (client) ID

ldnail_at_TI_0-1666376058120.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...