All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services: Why am I unable to add an Azure Storage Account unless I'm an admin user?

anupshah

Hi,

If I try to add an Azure Storage Account as a Power User I get the following error message:

REST ERROR[1021]: Fail to decrypt the encrypted credential information - Failed to get credentials

If I try to add the same Azure Storage Account as an Admin User, then it works without problem.

Is that a limitation, or is something else typically amiss (and if so, what - couldn't see anything in any docs)?

Thanks!
Anup

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

Hello,

I don't use this app, but it looks like you need to edit the authorize.conf and default.meta files.

In authorize.conf edit or add your group you want add Azure Storage Account.

#Authorize.conf
[role_power]
ta_o365_configuration = enabled
ta_o365_system_configuration = enabled
ta_o365_get_credential = enabled   # this is missing from power users

In the default.meta add the following.

[]
access = read : [ * ], write : [ admin , power]
export = system

This is all assuming that password/token data is not in https://localhost/servicesNS/nobody/storage/passwords. If it is then Admins are the only user who can add or edit.

Hope this helps.

0 Karma

anupshah

Thanks for your help and quick response.

We tried the above but no luck (we couldn't access that servicesNS/nobody/storage/passwords URL you mentioned - don't know if that has any bearing?)

Workaround for now is getting an admin user to create this for me for now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...