All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services: No permission to fetch Azure AD Audit data.

kmanson
Path Finder
No permission to fetch Azure AD Audit data. There might be some delay after changing the application permissions.
No permission to fetch Sharepoint Online Audit data. There might be some delay after changing the application permissions.
No permission to fetch Exchange Online Audit data. There might be some delay after changing the application permissions.

And yes, we have verified that the permissions below exist. Service Status and Operational Messages work, just not the rest. Any ideas?

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/MSCloudServices/ConfigureappinAzureAD#Create_an...

1 Solution

kmanson
Path Finder

Going to answer my own question since we got it working. I think it was because the permissions were granted after adding the account to Splunk.
Fixed by:
Removed Inputs config
Removed account config
Added account config
Added inputs config
Kept the certificate configuration as-is.

View solution in original post

kmanson
Path Finder

Going to answer my own question since we got it working. I think it was because the permissions were granted after adding the account to Splunk.
Fixed by:
Removed Inputs config
Removed account config
Added account config
Added inputs config
Kept the certificate configuration as-is.

andrewgarvin

Thank you!!! Removing and re-adding the account resolved this for me.

0 Karma

suarezry
Builder

This answer didn't work for me initially. After giving up in frustration I tried it again the next day for kicks and giggles...and it worked!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...