All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services: Does this add-on support Microsoft OMS Log Analytics API (O365 and Azure)?

chrisbaird

Hi,

We evaluated the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services some time back, and it was clear that it hooked the various O365 and Azure management and service APIs.

However, Microsoft (MS) offers log aggregation through OMS Log Analytics, which itself has a search API that can consolidate and expose all logs from O365 and Azure.

This means a lot less work on the Splunk side in order to pull logs and events, when using a broad cloud toolset.

Does the add-on have any support for the OMS Log Analytics API? If not, are there plans to add it? Failing that, could a generic REST API add-on provide the same function in order to simply pull all logs and events that are exposed?

Thanks

Chris

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3764/

Give t a few days for splunk to approve and then check this link.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No but I’ve got an oms inputs app coming soon. Hang tight it’s going through testing right now.

0 Karma

port7
Explorer

Hi did this OMS input app get done? I want to query OMS, and don't think the Microsoft Cloud Services App does it

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...