All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Juniper 1.3.0 - deprecated sourcetype juniper:sslvpn

pc1234
Explorer

Splunk Add-on for Juniper 1.3.0 version 1.3 release notes indicate that the sourcetype juniper:sslvpn is deprecated.
version 1.3.0 still supports this sourcetype. Will events associated with this sourcetype be re-mapped to another sourcetype in the next version after 1.3.0 ? Do I need to take any action when upgrading from version 1.2.0 to 1.3.0?

Any assistance is appreciated.

0 Karma

jshah24
Explorer

By deprecation of juniper:sslvpn sourcetype, it means that it is no longer supported and there won't be any enhancement/fixes to that sourcetype. The add-on still has this sourcetype for the backward compatibility only. So, no additional action required in order to upgrade to 1.3.0.

0 Karma

zrxcrasher
Loves-to-Learn Lots

When a sourcetype is depreciated, is there somewhere I can look to understand why this action was taken.  We currently make use of that sourcetype in the Splunk Add-on for Juniper v1.2.0.  In doing some testing in our Splunk Dev environment, I found out the hard way that this was the case, as nothing parsed after that upgrade.

What are customers to use, what that data and parsing is still needed?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...