All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Java Management Extensions: How to resolve "Message: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence" error?

Sampathu
Explorer

Hey, Our Splunk Add-on for Java Management Extensions (JMX) was working good. All of a sudden it stopped receiving data and I see the below error frequently.

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.next(XMLStreamReaderImpl.java:591)
    ... 20 more

at com.splunk.AtomObject.scan(Unknown Source)

Message: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence. : java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: ParseError at [row,col]:[135,38]

I tried my ways, but no luck. Anyone has any idea about this error?

Note: Java_home is fine with jdk 1.8.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Sampathu
Explorer

Finally found out myself. The "JMX" app was override by "Net-App" application. After disabling/removing the Net-App its working fine now. Not sure what's the in-depth issue between the both!!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Sampathu
Explorer

Finally found out myself. The "JMX" app was override by "Net-App" application. After disabling/removing the Net-App its working fine now. Not sure what's the in-depth issue between the both!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...