All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Imperva SecureSphere WAF: Why does the add-on not correctly parse event names with a space in them when parsing Incapsula log?

gordo32
Communicator

I've noticed that the add-on for imperva WAF, when parsing Incapsula logs, doesn't correctly parse event names with a space in them. For example 'Blocked country' or 'Blocked IP' are never parsed and just become NULL. Event names without a space are fine.

Anyone know how to fix this? I know the relevant props. conf entries are

EXTRACT-CEF0 = ^(?P[^\|]+)\|(?P[^\|]+)\|(?P[^\|]+)\|(?P[^\|]+)\|(?P[^\|]+)\|(?[^\|]+)\|(?P\d+)
EXTRACT-CEF_Version,CEF_Vendor,CEF_Product,CEF_DeviceVersion,CEF_SignatureID,CEF_Name,CEF_Severity = ^(?P[^\|]+)\s+\|\s+(?P[^\|]+)\s+\|\s+(?P[^\|]+)\s+\|\s+(?P[^\|]+)\s+\|\s+(?P[^\|]+)\s+\|\s+(?[^\|]+)\s+\|\s+(?P\d+)

However, I don't understand why it wouldn't correctly pick up event names with spaces since [^|]+ means one or more characters not match caret or pipe character.

Anyone have ideas or already resolved this?

0 Karma

aamer86
Path Finder

Hi gordo

Let me know if you still have problem with Imperva Add-On

We implemented it with our Splunk and it is working perfectly

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...