All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Google Drive: Why am I getting a "modular input Splunk is not fully configured" error?

craigrichardvrt
Path Finder

I followed the installation exactly and successfully created the client id/secret key/authorization code but I keep seeing the following error in my log and the stats aren't being returned:

splunk-add-on-google-drive\bin\googledrive.py"" Google Drive modular input Splunk is not fully configured- please read README.txt for details

I looked around and couldn't find a valid solution, any thoughts?

Thanks

0 Karma

joshd
Builder

Not sure if you have already solved this one since its been some time... but I just ran into the same error and for anyone else that comes across this, here is what my issue was and the solution...

When you run the command in the instructions (https://github.com/splunk/splunk-add-on-google-drive/blob/master/README.md) that takes the client id/secret key and then has you enter the authorization code, what it does is create a local credentials file named splunk_input_name_google_drive_creds which the add-on expects to be within $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk-add-on-google-drive/bin/ ...in my case when I ran this command the file was created in $SPLUNK_HOME so I needed to move it to the proper bin directory. Upon doing so, this fixed the authentication issue but then the Google Reports API returned a 403 error because in the documentation it is missing the part that you must choose the "Admin SDK" from the "Google Apps APIs" after creating your project. If this API is not enabled for your project, then you receive the 403 error.

All of this troubleshooting is made much easier if you enable DEBUG logging or logging to a separate file (not splunkd.log). Check inside $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk-add-on-google-drive/bin/googledrive.py for more information.

Hope this helps.

craigrichardvrt
Path Finder

No answers to this one?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...