All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Google Cloud Platform: How is the data coming?

alanzchan
Path Finder

I recently installed and configured this TA. For the configurations portion, only a JSON key from a GCP service account is needed; Splunk will then automatically scan for GCP projects and subscriptions. After selecting the desired project and subscriptions, Splunk is indexing data.

How exactly does this work? I was expecting there would be some firewall rules/ports that need to be configured before external data could be indexed.

0 Karma
1 Solution

timonix
Explorer

It is utilizing publically accessible GCP API and a service account with permissions to access that API setup on the desired project.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sathwikr076
Communicator

@alanzchan can you please let me know where did you do all these configuration on search head or on indexer.

Thanks.

0 Karma

tyron_
Explorer

You should log this as a new question. But the answer is: neither. You should install the add-on on the heavy forwarders for data collection. Please refer to: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/GoogleCloud/installation

sathwikr076
Communicator

Thanks for the reply.

0 Karma

timonix
Explorer

It is utilizing publically accessible GCP API and a service account with permissions to access that API setup on the desired project.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...