All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Cisco Meraki: API Error 400 Bad Request 'productType is not applicable to this network'

smukai
Engager

When I try to use Splunk Add-on for Cisco Meraki for my Access Points I get this API error in the logs:

meraki.exceptions.APIError: networks, getNetworkEvents - 400 Bad Request, {'errors': ['productType is not applicable to this network']}

My Meraki organization has three networks, and only one of them has productTypes = "wireless", so when the add-on iterates through my networks, it aborts when it hits a network that has no matching productType, and the add-on is unable to retrieve events from my wireless network.

Please advise how to fix this. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dtsariapkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @smukai@Albrto 

There's a known issue was discovered in one of the Support cases for the add-on. That if you have several network types like Wireless, Firewall and so on. The add-on won't handle that properly. There's a fixed version of the code already in testing and should be out soon in upcoming release (update) of the Add-On. 

If that's crucial to get the temporary fix already now. You can open a support ticket, they might be able to get you a fixed code. 

Dmitrii T.

View solution in original post

dtsariapkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @jdefreitas @nealym215 @smukai @Albrto  and everyone who stumbles upon the issue accidentally,

The new version 1.1.0 of the Splunk Meraki Add-On has been released where this issue has been addressed. 
Thank you all! 

Dmitrii T.

dtsariapkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @smukai@Albrto 

There's a known issue was discovered in one of the Support cases for the add-on. That if you have several network types like Wireless, Firewall and so on. The add-on won't handle that properly. There's a fixed version of the code already in testing and should be out soon in upcoming release (update) of the Add-On. 

If that's crucial to get the temporary fix already now. You can open a support ticket, they might be able to get you a fixed code. 

Dmitrii T.

jdefreitas

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. You mention that there is an update that will fix this  problem in development, is there any workaround in the meantime?

0 Karma

nealym215
Observer

Hello,

Any update on fix from 3 week ago? Is there an eta for this fix? 

0 Karma

smukai
Engager

That is great news! Thank you for letting us know.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Albrto

Same error here... 

0 Karma

dtsariapkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello @Albrto and everyone else,

1) The issue has a fixed code. To obtain a fixed code please contact Splunk Support so they can provide it to You. 

2) It is now officially been added on the release notes https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/Meraki/Releasenotes

3) I know it is planned for 1.1.0 release of the add-on. But there's no ETA on it. 

To try and explain why no eta. Add-ons do not follow the same release cadence as the Splunk itself. The release of it purely depends when developer or developers would be ready to release it. 

Dmitrii T.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...