All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Cisco Identity Services: Why is the python script pxgremediate.py returning a "Permission denied" error

kartik13
Communicator

Hi,

I am configuring the Splunk Add-on for Cisco Identity Services. When I Quarantine the IP address, it should invoke the python (pxgremediate.py) script, but after that, it's showing me an error as:

External search command 'pxgremediate' returned error code 1. Script output = "ERROR [Errno 13] Permission denied" 

All sort of permissions have been granted to the the script. Also when i am trying in my local, it's giving me invalid or corrupt jar.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, there was a corrupt jar in 2.1.1 -- 2.1.2 fixes it.

View solution in original post

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, there was a corrupt jar in 2.1.1 -- 2.1.2 fixes it.

kartik13
Communicator

I checked the pxgremediate.log file . I found the issue

Exception Detail: [Errno 13] Permission denied
Traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/apps/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_cisco-ise/bin/pxgremediate.py", line 131, in pxgremediate
java_result = subprocess.Popen(java_cmd, stderr=subprocess.STDOUT, stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
File "/apps/splunk/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 711, in __init__
errread, errwrite)
File "/apps/splunk/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1308, in _execute_child
raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

0 Karma

kartik13
Communicator

Not sure even but still figuring it out .

When python invokes the pxgremediate.py script it requires the executable java class which requires the java installed in the machine . My problem is permission to java is not there .

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...