All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for BMC Remedy: Why am I getting initial setup error "WebFault: Server raised fault: 'ERROR (48255): The contact for the creation of an Incident cannot be found..."?

jkellysplunk

I am populating First_Name and Last_Name....plus Direct_Contact_First_Name and Direct_Contact_Last_name just in case.
In addition to the 48255 error from remedy that comes back, the Web Service log shows:

2016-04-25 09:07:53,016 WARNING [571e16a8f97e70dd5f8] appnav:153 - "Splunk_TA_remedy" app does not have a navigation configuration file defined.
2016-04-25 09:07:53,016 ERROR   [571e16a8f97e70dd5f8] appnav:171 - Unable to parse nav XML for app=Splunk_TA_remedy; 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
2016-04-25 09:07:53,016 WARNING [571e16a8f97e70dd5f8] appnav:207 - Unable to process navigation configuration for app "Splunk_TA_remedy"; using defaults.

I have a completed Remedy.conf and Remedy_fields.conf

When I use the tool 'SOAPUI' on the same Splunk server to send the same request over, it works fine.

Can anyone point me in a direction to get more detail on the issue or has seen this before?

0 Karma

zmzhang_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Could you check
1. the values for argument --First_Name and --Last_Name for command remedyincidentcreate, whether they are valid/correct
2. your arguments meet the requirements in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/lib/splunk//modinputs/remedy/HPD_IncidentInterface_Create_WS.xml

0 Karma

kuja
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The contact not being there means perhaps you are logging in when you use SOAP? It seems that you are trying to pass over a contact that ARSystem is not recognizing and therefore spitting out an error.
Some steps I would suggest:
1. Have you checked that the contact ID you provided in your request is unique in the SHR:People form ?
2. Turn on SQL and API logging and port them to the same file - on the remedy side. Once you have done this you should get a bit more of an error description.

Let me know and we can go from there..

0 Karma

jkellysplunk

Thank you for answering. Turning on the extra logging helped. Apparently in Remedy there are 'filters' and within our setup the id I was using was being refused. Even with the rights being correct I guess there are other levels to look through on the remedy side. We have it working in 6.3 now.

Different problem on 6.4

0 Karma

jkellysplunk

Here is some output form the remedy.ticket.log as well:

2016-04-25 11:45:42,572 INFO pid=5476 tid=MainThread file=remedy_ticket.py:_do_handle:135 | Start of Remedy script
2016-04-25 11:45:42,792 ERROR pid=5476 tid=MainThread file=remedy_ticket.py:handle:131 | Failed to handle a ticket, reason=
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:\Apps\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_remedy\bin\remedy_ticket.py", line 129, in handle
    self._do_handle()
  File "F:\Apps\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_remedy\bin\remedy_ticket.py", line 142, in _do_handle
    result = self._handle_event(event)
  File "F:\Apps\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_remedy\bin\remedy_ticket.py", line 158, in _handle_event
    service_name, event)
  File "F:\Apps\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_remedy\bin\remedy_incident_service.py", line 22, in execute
    resp = operation(**args)
  File "F:\Apps\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_remedy\bin\suds\client.py", line 542, in __call__
    return client.invoke(args, kwargs)
  File "F:\Apps\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_remedy\bin\suds\client.py", line 602, in invoke
    result = self.send(soapenv)
  File "F:\Apps\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_remedy\bin\suds\client.py", line 649, in send
    result = self.failed(binding, e)
  File "F:\Apps\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_remedy\bin\suds\client.py", line 702, in failed
    r, p = binding.get_fault(reply)
  File "F:\Apps\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_remedy\bin\suds\bindings\binding.py", line 265, in get_fault
    raise WebFault(p, faultroot)
WebFault: Server raised fault: 'ERROR (48255): ; The contact for the creation of an Incident cannot be found, please verify the contact information and try again.'
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...