All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Atlassian JIRA Alerts: How to configure the add-on to enable proxy setup?

ianbow
Explorer

Does anyone know how to amend the Splunk Add-on for Atlassian JIRA Alerts to support outbound proxies? We have a public jira instance which can only be access via a proxy and need to fix the code to support this?

1 Solution

masonmorales
Influencer

If you define the proxy in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/splunk-launch.conf on the search head, it will use that proxy by default after a Splunk restart.

splunk-launch.conf

NO_PROXY = 127.0.0.1
HTTP_PROXY = 1.2.3.4:9999
HTTPS_PROXY = 1.2.3.4:9999

You can also blacklist any destinations that it should not use a proxy for in the "NO_PROXY" section.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

If you define the proxy in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/splunk-launch.conf on the search head, it will use that proxy by default after a Splunk restart.

splunk-launch.conf

NO_PROXY = 127.0.0.1
HTTP_PROXY = 1.2.3.4:9999
HTTPS_PROXY = 1.2.3.4:9999

You can also blacklist any destinations that it should not use a proxy for in the "NO_PROXY" section.

0 Karma

ianbow
Explorer

thanks for the answer as a work around however I believe it would be better to make the python scripts proxy aware? The app is quite old so not too sure if it is still under active development?

0 Karma

ejwade
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. My Splunk server lives in a network that can only leave via an outbound web proxy (squid). @gmelnik, @gmelnik_splunk, @zenmoto, @zenmoto-1, or @ziegfried - you are all contributors to the git code - are you able to confirm that this add-on is not compatible with the http_proxy setting?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...