All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Amazon Web Services: Alert isn't published to SNS due to empty message content

splunk82

Hi,

I am using the Splunk Add-on and App for Amazon Web Services (AWS). I enabled one of the default alerts and added a AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS) alert for trigger actions. But i am not receiving SNS alerts.

When i check the logs, I see "SNSPublisherError: Alert isn't published to SNS due to empty message content"

Mandatory fields for SNS alerts are Account, Region, Topic Name, Message ($result.message$) and all of them are correct. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what i might be missing?

0 Karma

lim2
Communicator

your SPL output|eval message= host." ".sourcetype ." ". _raw|awssnsalert account="Account_to_connect_AWS" region="us-east-1" topic_name="topic_name" publish_all=1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...