All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on Builder: Why isn't the download button within the app working?

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk Add-on Builder app download button doesn't work. (splunk_app_addon-builder 1.1.0)
Splunk Version 6.4.3 (MacOS 10.11.6) After downloading and installing the app once Ive created a TA and Validated I cannot download the TA via the download button within the app.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

vr2312
Contributor

I had the same issue for this. What i did was exported the TA built from the home page of the add-on-builder as a tgz, then reimported the package. Once reimported, i browsed through the app that was built; then moved to validation and package where the download button was no longer greyed out and i was able to download a SPL.

0 Karma

gwang_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you check the web_service.log in $SPLUK_HOME/var/log/splunk/web_service.log. See if you got any error message when you try to download the button.
Also, you can use chrome debug tool to check if there are some rest call fails when you entering the summary page.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you talking about the download button on the app page (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2962/) ? It works for me. What browser are you using?

0 Karma

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, once youve download and installed the app and created a TA. The button within the app to download the TA doesnt work.

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Do you see any error when you run:
index=_internal sourcetype="splunk_app_addon-builder*"

It might be browser security settings related. Can you clarify:
-what browser you are using?
-did you try different browser?

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for clarifying, I edited the question summary to reflect what you said.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...