All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on Builder: Why am I getting error "could not connect to the App Certification server" when I try to validate an app?

simpkins1958
Contributor

I have entered my Splunk login credentials and the test button works. I have not enabled a proxy. Response from test button is:

Login to the App Certification service was successful.

But when try and "Validate" an app keep getting this error message:

The Add-on Builder could not connect to the App Certification server. Check your proxy settings and try again.
0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Does your browser have any proxy settings to access to the internet?

Also, do you get errors when you run:
index=_internal validation source="*splunk_app_addon-builder_ta_builder.log"

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

i see access denied issue.
1- Can you first start by running App certification (only) by removing "Best Practice", "CIM extraction" and "Field Extraction" and let us know if it goes through successfully
2- did you add any additional files to the add-on folder from outside of add-on builder (copy paste or edit in windows explorer). I am thinking that some of these files might not have right access by splunkd user which is causing permission issue.

0 Karma

mfrost8
Builder

I have this exact same problem. I logged out of a splunk.com site and logged back in and confirmed that my splunk.com credentials are good.

I'm using add-on builder 2.2.0.

We do have a proxy for web traffic, but that is already configured on the server. That is, if I were to use curl or wget, they would get the system proxy values and work fine. I also tried manually entering the proxy information but that didn't help either.

I have output similar to the output above, but also see

2018-05-17 12:45:49,776 DEBUG pid=18445 tid=CP WSGIServer Thread-6 file=meta_manager.py:set_app_meta_data:373 | Set state. app:TA-web-ssl-logger, key:validation, value:{}

I also tried removing all but the app pre-certification validation options and still get the same result.

I wouldn't think it would matter, but my password is a bit long and complex, but that's the only thing I can possibly think of.

Thanks

0 Karma

simpkins1958
Contributor

No proxy settings to access internet.

Yes errors:

2016-11-14 15:52:06,483 DEBUG pid=4392 tid=MainThread file=meta_manager.py:update_app_meta_data:305 | Update state. app:dazzler, key: validation, value: {u'validation_id': u'v_1479167492_22', 'error': {'traceback': 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\etc\\apps\\splunk_app_addon-builder\\bin\\validation_mi.py", line 226, in run\n    job = self.validation_builder.get_validation_job(self.validators, self.vid)\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\etc\\apps\\splunk_app_addon-builder\\bin\\ta_generator\\builder_ta_validation.py", line 115, in get_validation_job\n    self.ta_folder = self._generate_ta_folder()\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\etc\\apps\\splunk_app_addon-builder\\bin\\ta_generator\\builder_ta_validation.py", line 173, in _generate_ta_folder\n    package_utility.prepare_app_package_workspace(package_workspace, app_path, tabuilder)\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\etc\\apps\\splunk_app_addon-builder\\bin\\tabuilder_utility\\package_utility.py", line 217, in prepare_app_package_workspace\n    shutil.rmtree(package_workspace)\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\Python-2.7\\Lib\\shutil.py", line 247, in rmtree\n    rmtree(fullname, ignore_errors, onerror)\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\Python-2.7\\Lib\\shutil.py", line 247, in rmtree\n    rmtree(fullname, ignore_errors, onerror)\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\Python-2.7\\Lib\\shutil.py", line 252, in rmtree\n    onerror(os.remove, fullname, sys.exc_info())\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\Python-2.7\\Lib\\shutil.py", line 250, in rmtree\n    os.remove(fullname)\nWindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u\'C:\\\\Program Files\\\\Splunk\\\\etc\\\\apps\\\\splunk_app_addon-builder\\\\local\\\\validation\\\\dazzler\\\\appserver\\\\static\\\\devices.js\'\n', 'message': ''}, u'validators': [u'best_practice_validation', u'cim_mapping_validation', u'field_extract_validation', u'app_cert_validation'], u'status': 'job_error'}

2016-11-14 15:52:06,552 DEBUG pid=4392 tid=MainThread file=meta_manager.py:update_app_meta_data:305 | Update state. app:dazzler, key: validation, value: {u'error': {u'traceback': u'Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\etc\\apps\\splunk_app_addon-builder\\bin\\validation_mi.py", line 226, in run\n    job = self.validation_builder.get_validation_job(self.validators, self.vid)\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\etc\\apps\\splunk_app_addon-builder\\bin\\ta_generator\\builder_ta_validation.py", line 115, in get_validation_job\n    self.ta_folder = self._generate_ta_folder()\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\etc\\apps\\splunk_app_addon-builder\\bin\\ta_generator\\builder_ta_validation.py", line 173, in _generate_ta_folder\n    package_utility.prepare_app_package_workspace(package_workspace, app_path, tabuilder)\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\etc\\apps\\splunk_app_addon-builder\\bin\\tabuilder_utility\\package_utility.py", line 217, in prepare_app_package_workspace\n    shutil.rmtree(package_workspace)\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\Python-2.7\\Lib\\shutil.py", line 247, in rmtree\n    rmtree(fullname, ignore_errors, onerror)\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\Python-2.7\\Lib\\shutil.py", line 247, in rmtree\n    rmtree(fullname, ignore_errors, onerror)\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\Python-2.7\\Lib\\shutil.py", line 252, in rmtree\n    onerror(os.remove, fullname, sys.exc_info())\n  File "C:\\Program Files\\Splunk\\Python-2.7\\Lib\\shutil.py", line 250, in rmtree\n    os.remove(fullname)\nWindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u\'C:\\\\Program Files\\\\Splunk\\\\etc\\\\apps\\\\splunk_app_addon-builder\\\\local\\\\validation\\\\dazzler\\\\appserver\\\\static\\\\devices.js\'\n', u'message': u''}, u'status': 'job_finished', u'validation_id': u'v_1479167492_22', 'progress': 1.0, u'validators': [u'best_practice_validation', u'cim_mapping_validation', u'field_extract_validation', u'app_cert_validation']}
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...