All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add On builder not working on Mac but on Windows

niketn
Legend

While setting up Splunk Add On Builder 3.0.1 with Splunk 8.0.2.1 on Mac I am getting ImportError: Unable to load system certificate authority files error when I try to Test a REST API URL GET method. However the same works fine on Windows. Has anyone run into similar issue and found a fix/workaround for the same?

jmurdoch_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

OpenSSL needs to be present at /usr/local/etc/openssl for the ca_certs_locater.py Python to work on Mac OS / Darwin with no editing of the .py code.

Symlinking /usr/local/etc/openssl@1.1 to openssl resolved the issue on Splunk 8.0.5 / AOB 3.0.1.

View solution in original post

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

I have same problem on same versions.

error:

File "/Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/{apps}/bin/{input name}/aob_py3/cloudconnectlib/core/cacerts/ca_certs_locater.py", line 59, in _fallback
raise ImportError('Unable to load system certificate authority files')
ImportError: Unable to load system certificate authority files

code(ca_certs_locater.py):

def _fallback():
    """
        Give up the loading process by throwing specified exception, httplib2 will then use its bundled certificates
    """
    raise ImportError('Unable to load system certificate authority files')

There is httplib2/cacerts.txt (apps and splunk), but there is no openssl. but I can't modify the code.
Is this bug?

niketn
Legend

There was a JIRA Ticket TAB-2979 raised internally for it in Feb but no progress or update!

jmurdoch_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

OpenSSL needs to be present at /usr/local/etc/openssl for the ca_certs_locater.py Python to work on Mac OS / Darwin with no editing of the .py code.

Symlinking /usr/local/etc/openssl@1.1 to openssl resolved the issue on Splunk 8.0.5 / AOB 3.0.1.

niketn
Legend

Thanks @jmurdoch_splunk I tried the following and it worked! 👍

$ln -sf /usr/local/etc/openssl@1.1 /usr/local/etc/openssl

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...