All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add On builder not working on Mac but on Windows

niketn
Legend

While setting up Splunk Add On Builder 3.0.1 with Splunk 8.0.2.1 on Mac I am getting ImportError: Unable to load system certificate authority files error when I try to Test a REST API URL GET method. However the same works fine on Windows. Has anyone run into similar issue and found a fix/workaround for the same?

jmurdoch_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

OpenSSL needs to be present at /usr/local/etc/openssl for the ca_certs_locater.py Python to work on Mac OS / Darwin with no editing of the .py code.

Symlinking /usr/local/etc/openssl@1.1 to openssl resolved the issue on Splunk 8.0.5 / AOB 3.0.1.

View solution in original post

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

I have same problem on same versions.

error:

File "/Applications/Splunk/etc/apps/{apps}/bin/{input name}/aob_py3/cloudconnectlib/core/cacerts/ca_certs_locater.py", line 59, in _fallback
raise ImportError('Unable to load system certificate authority files')
ImportError: Unable to load system certificate authority files

code(ca_certs_locater.py):

def _fallback():
    """
        Give up the loading process by throwing specified exception, httplib2 will then use its bundled certificates
    """
    raise ImportError('Unable to load system certificate authority files')

There is httplib2/cacerts.txt (apps and splunk), but there is no openssl. but I can't modify the code.
Is this bug?

niketn
Legend

There was a JIRA Ticket TAB-2979 raised internally for it in Feb but no progress or update!

jmurdoch_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

OpenSSL needs to be present at /usr/local/etc/openssl for the ca_certs_locater.py Python to work on Mac OS / Darwin with no editing of the .py code.

Symlinking /usr/local/etc/openssl@1.1 to openssl resolved the issue on Splunk 8.0.5 / AOB 3.0.1.

niketn
Legend

Thanks @jmurdoch_splunk I tried the following and it worked! 👍

$ln -sf /usr/local/etc/openssl@1.1 /usr/local/etc/openssl

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...