All Apps and Add-ons

Why is Splunk Add On Builder Test output not showing?

matthewe25
Engager

I'm currently working on indexing data from an external REST API using a python script in Splunk add-on builder. I believe the code I've written is correct and I don't encounter any errors with my call to the API but when I try using the 'Test' button, I see the 'Done' status but no sample data entries in the 'Output' section.

I know that the query I'm using will return some data since I've tested it in Postman and an IDE on my device but nothing shows up in this test UI. Is there some helper command I need to use to show this data? How can I verify that I'm receiving the data I expect?

matthewe25_0-1618519942647.png

0 Karma

srek3502
Observer

If you provided "print" statement in any place of your script remove it and use the helper function to log the results.
helper.log_info("response={}".format(response))

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

same in version 4.1.1

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...