All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk ADD-on for Active Directory

amitnarendrasin

Hi, We already have Splunk 7.1.2 deployed in our environment and its collecting logs from all our domain controllers and parsing it. Since, AD related logs are already being gathered and stored in Splunk then what is the need of Splunk ADD-on for Active Directory. what special features it has than our regular log gathering process. Why should i deploy Splunk ADD-on for Active Directory in my environment when currently deployed Splunk is already doing the same job of collecting AD logs?

0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Splunk add-on for Active Directory contains knowledge objects to help extract information from the events you are collecting. It does not collect the events themselves, necessarily. I would recommend you install it to ensure that the fields that are being extracted are consistent, which may be useful if you deploy other Splunk apps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...