All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples: When using Single Value Decorations, is it possible to show the timestamp instead of the value for when the last event occurred?

Norling80
Path Finder

Hi guys. When using the Single Value Decorations (extension available in the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples) is it possible to show the timestamp next to the decoration instead of the value for when the last event occurred, my XML and search looks like this:

<searchString> "my base search" | stats count | rangemap field=value none=0-99 low=100-199 guarded=200-299  
        elevated=300-399 high=400-499 severe=500-599 default=none</searchString>
        <earliestTime>-15m</earliestTime>
        <latestTime>now</latestTime>
        <option name="classField">range</option>
        <option name="field">value</option
0 Karma

Norling80
Path Finder

Thanks for the swift assistance guys, looks like it´s not possible to get the entire timestamp which is the only thing i´m interested in 🙂

Any other good ideas on how to solve this?

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

Hi Norling,
Which answer are you trying to use? if you're using @stephanefotso 's answer, change eval time=strftime(_time, "%H") to eval time=strftime(_time, "%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S")

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Here is my help. just test the example bellow. just know that concerning the time, you can only set hours, or minutes, or seconds, or days, ....

<dashboard stylesheet="single_decorations.css">
    <label>Single Value Decorations</label>
    <description>
        This example shows decorations for the single value visualization using some custom CSS. The icon are displayed using the Splunk Icon Font.
    </description>
    <row>
        <single>
          <searchString>index=_internal| stats count as value by date_hour | eval date_hour = 8 | rangemap field=date_hour none=0-5 low=6-10 guarded=10-15</searchString>
            <option name="field">date_hour</option>
        </single>
        <single>
            <searchString>index=_internal|eval time=strftime(_time, "%H")| stats count as value by time| eval time =09| rangemap field=time none=0-5 low=6-10  guarded=11-20 default=none </searchString>
            <earliestTime>-1d</earliestTime>
            <option name="field">time</option>
        </single>
  </row>
</dashboard>
SGF
0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

Hi Norling,
Try this;

<searchString> "my base search" | stats count | table _time value | rangemap field=value none=0-99 low=100-199 guarded=200-299  
         elevated=300-399 high=400-499 severe=500-599 default=none</searchString>
         <option name="field">value</option
0 Karma

chimell
Motivator

Hi Norling80

use

<earliestTime>-15m@m</earliestTime>

instead of

and retry

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

Yep.

Change value to _time

0 Karma

Norling80
Path Finder

Thanks Mark. I actually tried that and also experimented around the last(_time) command without any success. so that does not change anything. It still shows the amount of events returned by stats count.

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

Hi Norling, give me a chance to get on my instance as we've done this before, I'll get back to you shortly

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@Norling80 - Have you changed the rangemap? Splunk uses the rangemap field as a judgement.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...