All Apps and Add-ons

Some value missing when extracting one new field! Help me with the regular expression for my new field.

Jennifer
Path Finder

Hi, all!

I came across with an issue with extracting fields from syslog. Here are some samples of the value which is "Call_Session_ID" I want to extract:

JKYFnxBdcIIiBImIMsoJm67

tMKtr5WNYa2e9PqC1cBhswf

YoKwDKa_K9m4SS1qzbecNbl

hGpydwuxLF_iYw5AE0pe81g

F440sxU_Ntqg2zswAXgt-lW

Here's the regular expression generated by Splunk:

^[^\|\n]*\|(?P<Call_Session_ID>\w+)

Here's some sample events:

2022-01-25 12:08:04,925|F440sxU_Ntqg2zswAXgt-lW|INFO|com.hsbc.amh.civr.fallout.node.AmhCivrGenesysXferNode|execute()|***End Call***

2022-01-25 12:11:49,229|pbDdnF8QT6Bku0odJ4SL_Q8|INFO|com.hsbc.amh.civr.endcall.node.AmhCivrExitNode|execute()|***End Call***

2022-01-25 12:27:03,958|42dHIbXvXBKqG20u_m3kU5R|INFO|com.ibm._jsp._xfer_5F_genesys:svf.nodename|_jspService()|Contact Data Sent: UD_DIALLED_SERVICE:OneNumber_Jade~UD_IVR_STARTCALL_REF:0~UD_IS_HANGUP:N~UD_CUSTOMER_TYPE:Jade~UD_FALLOUT_SECTION:BankPaymentTransfer~UD_PROPOSITION:Jade~UD_SUBPROPOSITION:GeneralBanking~UD_LANGUAGE:Cantonese~UD_FALLOUT_QUEUE:Default~UD_COUNTRY_CODE:HKCC~UD_FALLOUT_REASON:Agent

Some facts about the log files:

Call_Session_ID is followed by the everytime. 

But there's some errors occurring when the results come out:

Firstly, there's some null value in the result:

Jennifer_0-1643168396987.png

Secondly, the result only shows part of the value like this:

Jennifer_1-1643169051175.png

When checking back to the event, it shows that this Call_Session_ID contains a hyphen.

2022-01-25 11:59:18,032|Yih9YAueLZSJ-va5ZAVllOc|INFO|com.hsbc.amh.civr.endcall.node.AmhCivrExitNode|execute()|***End Call***

How could I solve the problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

johnhuang
Motivator

Try matching everything that's not a pipe "|" for Call_Session_ID. This should fix at least one of the issue.

"^[^\|\n]*\|(?P<Call_Session_ID>[^\|]*)"

If the NULL value still shows, you need to post an example of the log.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...