All Apps and Add-ons

Smart PDF Exporter - Failed to capture the page within the allocated time

o_calmels
Communicator

Hi,

I'm trying to export pdf dashboards.
Thank's smartexporter can do this on demand (The export when I click on the button is good).
Splunk is installed on RedHat 7.4

Therefore, when rtying pour add a cron to this export, I got the following error :

2019-05-02 14:31:01,476 INFO temporary js file /tmp/tmpXN7wqi
2019-05-02 14:31:01,493 INFO protocole : https Vs https
2019-05-02 14:31:01,493 INFO ExportPDF for url https://localhost:8000/fr-FR/app/Splunk_For_MyApp/1-Test-SimpleXML-Print
2019-05-02 14:31:01,494 INFO start PhantomJS Process ...
2019-05-02 14:31:01,494 INFO phantomjs bin : /data/phantomjs-2.1.1-linux-x86_64/bin
2019-05-02 14:31:01,494 INFO temp js file : /tmp/tmpXN7wqi
2019-05-02 14:41:02,131 ERROR Failed to capture the page within the allocated time
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/data/splunk/etc/apps/smart_exporter_app/bin/smartexporter.py", line 150, in handle_POST
    self.__die('Failed to capture the page within the allocated time')
  File "/data/splunk/etc/apps/smart_exporter_app/bin/smartexporter.py", line 84, in __die
    raise RuntimeError(str(fmsg))
RuntimeError: Failed to capture the page within the allocated time

Phantomjs is installed, as well as Fontconfig.

I check actually how to verify if GLIBCXX_3.4.9 AND GLIBC_2.7 are installed.

Have you encountered this problem, have you got any idea ?

Thank's.

Olivier.

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @o.calmels,

I went through the smartexporter.py script and this is the section generating your error :

while task.poll() is None and timeout_rem > 0:
        time.sleep(1)
        timeout_rem -= 1
    if timeout_rem < 1:
        task.terminate()
        self.__die('Failed to capture the page within the allocated time')

It's using a default timeout of 600 seconds timeout_rem = 600. Could it be that your dashboard is slow to load ? taking more than 600 seconds ? You could try to increase this timeout_rem parameter to 1200 on line 137 and see if it fixes anything.

Cheers,
David

0 Karma

o_calmels
Communicator

Hi @DavidHourani, My dashboard is ready within a couple of second (10s max). Ieven tried to enlarge this timer with no result. Thank's.
It seams like phantomjs do not detect the end of page load.

0 Karma

o_calmels
Communicator

I give up this app, and addapt my dashboard.

0 Karma

jadengoho
Builder

Do you use other application ?

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Awesome ! Let me know if you found the solution and please accept my answer if it helped 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...