All Apps and Add-ons

Slideshow: After upgrading to 6.5.0, the "Setup a show" dashboard displays a blank panel

Communicator

I just upgraded Splunk to 6.5.0 and the Slideshow app no longer works. I get the "Setup a show" dashboard but nothing displays on it just a blank Splunk panel. I have upgraded the Slideshow app to the latest version and got the same results. I notice in the console in Firefox, i get the following error on common.js:

Error: Module name "util/splunkd_utils" has not been loaded yet for context: _

Also I should mention that I have another Splunk 6.5.0 instance and the Slideshow app works perfectly fine there. I do not get the console error in the working Splunk instance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Champion

I fixed this some time ago in the current version (http://lukemurphey.net/issues/1501). I suspect the browser is caching the old file.

You can verify this by clearing the cache in the browser. Alternatively, you can do a bump within Splunk. You can do that by going to /en-US/_bump (e.g. http://mysplunk.net:8000//en-US/_bump) and clicking "bump version".

After you do this, reload the Slideshow page and see if it works.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Engager

I have upgraded to 6.5.1 and am having similar issues. When I get to Setup a show, all of my dashboards show up, but after I choose the dashboards to cycle through and click on Start Show, I just get a blank screen.

I have cleared my cache in both IE and Chrome, used the /en-US/_bump and restarted Splunk, but still am getting the same results.

0 Karma

Champion

@mswenson: Are you seeing an error in the browser console?

0 Karma

Engager

yes, I am seeing this

IPT5009: 'is_absolute_url' is undefined
File: SlideshowSetupView.js, Line: 6, Column: 11638

0 Karma

Champion

Could you be so kind to open a new Answers post on this issue? I think this is a different root cause than this post.

I'm gonna figure this out and try to get this fixed ASAP.

0 Karma

Champion

I fixed this some time ago in the current version (http://lukemurphey.net/issues/1501). I suspect the browser is caching the old file.

You can verify this by clearing the cache in the browser. Alternatively, you can do a bump within Splunk. You can do that by going to /en-US/_bump (e.g. http://mysplunk.net:8000//en-US/_bump) and clicking "bump version".

After you do this, reload the Slideshow page and see if it works.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Communicator

Worked perfectly! Thanks for the help and thanks for making an awesome app. We use it on a bunch of screens here :).

0 Karma
State of Splunk Careers

Access the Splunk Careers Report to see real data that shows how Splunk mastery increases your value and job satisfaction.

Find out what your skills are worth!