All Apps and Add-ons

Slack notification app setup issue

bernardoortega
Path Finder

Hi guys

I just setup this app https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2878/ on our splunk cloud deployment. 

If i go and follow instructions:

In order to setup the app, navigate to "Settings" -> "Alert actions". Click on "Setup Slack Alerts".

On the setup screen you'll want to supply a Webhook URL. You can obtain this URL by configuring a
custom integration for you Slack workspace.

All i get is a non found page:

Also if i go to apps "Manage Apps" and click on "Set up" instead , same error page:

any clue?

thanks guys

splunk_slack.JPG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

plaks
Engager

Got around it by editing objects through the app management UI

0 Karma

pc1
Path Finder

@plaks Can you be more specific as to what steps you followed to do this. Running into the same error on Splunk Enterprise.

0 Karma

plaks
Engager

Did you ever resolve this?

0 Karma

bernardoortega
Path Finder

i was able to see the log:

2021-05-25 16:09:14,760 ERROR [60ad212aa07f15f4543dd0] __init__:342 - Unable to obtain template "slack_alerts:/templates/setup.html": Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/controllers/__init__.py", line 337, in render_template templateInstance = mako_lookup.get_template(template_name) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/controllers/__init__.py", line 218, in get_template raise_top_level_lookup_exception(uri) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/controllers/__init__.py", line 165, in raise_top_level_lookup_exception raise exceptions.TopLevelLookupException(_("Splunk has failed to locate the template for uri '%s'." % uri)) TopLevelLookupException: Splunk has failed to locate the template for uri 'slack_alerts:/templates/setup.html'.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...