All Apps and Add-ons

Slack notification app setup issue

bernardoortega
Path Finder

Hi guys

I just setup this app https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2878/ on our splunk cloud deployment. 

If i go and follow instructions:

In order to setup the app, navigate to "Settings" -> "Alert actions". Click on "Setup Slack Alerts".

On the setup screen you'll want to supply a Webhook URL. You can obtain this URL by configuring a
custom integration for you Slack workspace.

All i get is a non found page:

Also if i go to apps "Manage Apps" and click on "Set up" instead , same error page:

any clue?

thanks guys

splunk_slack.JPG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

plaks
Engager

Got around it by editing objects through the app management UI

0 Karma

pc1
Path Finder

@plaks Can you be more specific as to what steps you followed to do this. Running into the same error on Splunk Enterprise.

0 Karma

plaks
Engager

Did you ever resolve this?

0 Karma

bernardoortega
Path Finder

i was able to see the log:

2021-05-25 16:09:14,760 ERROR [60ad212aa07f15f4543dd0] __init__:342 - Unable to obtain template "slack_alerts:/templates/setup.html": Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/controllers/__init__.py", line 337, in render_template templateInstance = mako_lookup.get_template(template_name) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/controllers/__init__.py", line 218, in get_template raise_top_level_lookup_exception(uri) File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/controllers/__init__.py", line 165, in raise_top_level_lookup_exception raise exceptions.TopLevelLookupException(_("Splunk has failed to locate the template for uri '%s'." % uri)) TopLevelLookupException: Splunk has failed to locate the template for uri 'slack_alerts:/templates/setup.html'.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...