All Apps and Add-ons

Sideview Utils and Splunk 6 Beta

rizzo75
Path Finder

I am evaluating Splunk 6 Beta and have installed Splunk App Sideview Utils 2.6.1. I am unable to use the editor to modify/create views. I can make changes to views in the Sideview Utils editor however they do not commit to the xml file. I get no errors.

I have tried both Chrome and IE.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks,
Joe

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I caught this in my compatibility testing with the 6.0 beta, but I have not fixed it yet. Specifically that if you try and edit the direct attributes of the view itself, the edits fail quietly.

Now that someone has reported it publicly, I will increase its priority in the queue and I'll get this and hopefully all the other little regressions fixed in the next release.

Thanks very much for reporting it, and if you've discovered anything else, feel free to post it here or email me at nick [at] sideviewapps.com.

Update: the problem has now been fixed - Sideview Utils 2.6.2 released today and it addresses this particular bug you ran up against, as well as one other. If you find any other problems with Sideview Utils and Splunk 6.0, just shoot us an email or post another question up here. Cheers.

watsm10
Communicator

End of October

0 Karma

AaronMoorcroft
Communicator

is there a release date for Splunk 6 as yet ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...