All Apps and Add-ons

Sideview Utils AutoRefresh - hide the "N/A" when refresh happens.

mrgibbon
Contributor

Hi All, I'm wondering if there is a way to suppress the "N/A" that appears when the Sideview Utils AutoRefresh module does its thing?
It would make the display a whole lot more pleasing to the eye. I have a panel that refreshes every 10 seconds and to see "N/A" keep coming up is quite distracting.

Thanks in advance.
G

0 Karma
1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The only N/A I can think of is a longstanding bug in the legacy SingleValue module. Are you still using SingleValue? If so there's a page in the docs under the HTML module specifically about replacing SingleValue.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The only N/A I can think of is a longstanding bug in the legacy SingleValue module. Are you still using SingleValue? If so there's a page in the docs under the HTML module specifically about replacing SingleValue.

0 Karma

mrgibbon
Contributor

Yes, updating an old page. I really need to update the whole page its a legacy Splunk 5 page with modules all over the place.
Thanks for this info, I'll go and see about replacing it.
Cheers

0 Karma

mrgibbon
Contributor

Hmm ok, I don't think the old Adv XML and the new code is playing nicely.
When I put in the new module from the example page I get formatting errors with the /param and /module parts.
If I comment out the
part at the end I can save the page, but then I get no display, just the "Get some color in there" title.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

sounds like you're short a closing param or module tag when you copy and paste. If you email me your xml I'll take a look.

0 Karma

mrgibbon
Contributor

Do you have a email address you can send me? Or shall I just email from the sideviewapps website?
Thanks, Keen to find out whats going on.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...