All Apps and Add-ons

Sideview Utils AutoRefresh - hide the "N/A" when refresh happens.

mrgibbon
Contributor

Hi All, I'm wondering if there is a way to suppress the "N/A" that appears when the Sideview Utils AutoRefresh module does its thing?
It would make the display a whole lot more pleasing to the eye. I have a panel that refreshes every 10 seconds and to see "N/A" keep coming up is quite distracting.

Thanks in advance.
G

0 Karma
1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The only N/A I can think of is a longstanding bug in the legacy SingleValue module. Are you still using SingleValue? If so there's a page in the docs under the HTML module specifically about replacing SingleValue.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The only N/A I can think of is a longstanding bug in the legacy SingleValue module. Are you still using SingleValue? If so there's a page in the docs under the HTML module specifically about replacing SingleValue.

0 Karma

mrgibbon
Contributor

Yes, updating an old page. I really need to update the whole page its a legacy Splunk 5 page with modules all over the place.
Thanks for this info, I'll go and see about replacing it.
Cheers

0 Karma

mrgibbon
Contributor

Hmm ok, I don't think the old Adv XML and the new code is playing nicely.
When I put in the new module from the example page I get formatting errors with the /param and /module parts.
If I comment out the
part at the end I can save the page, but then I get no display, just the "Get some color in there" title.

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

sounds like you're short a closing param or module tag when you copy and paste. If you email me your xml I'll take a look.

0 Karma

mrgibbon
Contributor

Do you have a email address you can send me? Or shall I just email from the sideviewapps website?
Thanks, Keen to find out whats going on.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...