All Apps and Add-ons

Sideview Lookup Updater: Failed to move file

LarsN
Explorer

Hi,
I have the Sideview Utils 2.6.5 running Splunk on Windows.
I am interrested in Sideview Utils, mostly because of the Lookup Updater but I must say there is definitely some more "on the side".
Unfortunately I have encountered a problem when I try to use the Lookup Updater, it says:
"Could not write to file 'mac_vendor_ids.csv': Failed to move file to final destination"
I (admin) am the owner of the file 'mac_vendor_ids.csv' and have write access to the file - what else could I look for?

All the best
Lars

1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'll look into it. So through Manager it works fine, but you had manually copied the lookup file into /lookups, and you had manually created the stanza in transforms?

I'll look into it and it can probably be fixed. There have been some funky permissions issues on windows and I suspect this is one more of the same. Until then just create your lookups through Manager and the Lookup Updater should have no problem editing them then. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'll look into it. So through Manager it works fine, but you had manually copied the lookup file into /lookups, and you had manually created the stanza in transforms?

I'll look into it and it can probably be fixed. There have been some funky permissions issues on windows and I suspect this is one more of the same. Until then just create your lookups through Manager and the Lookup Updater should have no problem editing them then. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

LarsN
Explorer

I have only saved the file through Windows. The rest has been done through
Manager » Lookups - yes.

0 Karma

LarsN
Explorer

Yes, a new file uploaded via "create new" page in Manager > Lookups works.
The old file was stored trough native Windows.

Thank you for the swift cure.

Lars

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A troubleshooting question - what happens if you create a new temporary csv file locally and upload it in the "create new" page in Manager > Lookups. Does Lookup Updater allow you to edit that file?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...