All Apps and Add-ons

Show policy name when deleting GPO

eirika
Engager

Hi,

I seem to have a hard time to figure out the following:

I want to be able to monitor deletion of GPO's and which person who did this. For now i'm able to get the event id's ok (5141), the problem is i only get the DN of the policy.

Is there a way for AD to show me display name of the policy instead of only the DN when deleting a GPO?

Kind regards,

Eirik

0 Karma

kabobb
Explorer

I had a similar issue, where the AD logs only showed the GUID of the GPO so I decided to leverage Splunk's LDAP filtering/searching pull the GPO's Display Name attribtue

index=os EventCode=5137 OR EventCode=5136 OR EventCode=5141 Class=groupPolicyContainer
|rex field=DN "(?i)CN\=(?<gpo_guid>.*?)\,"
|eval action=case(EventCode=5137, "CREATED", EventCode=5136, "MODIFIED", EventCode=5141, "DELETED")
|ldapfilter domain=DOM search="(&(objectclass=groupPolicyContainer)(|(cn=$gpo_guid$)(displayName=*{*}*)))" attrs="displayName"  
|convert ctime(_time) as Time 
|table _time Security_ID EventCodeDescription action gpo_guid displayName
  • where DOM = your domain name.
0 Karma

cgisplunk
Path Finder

Same question here. Also, how do you track the user/account name who created/changed/deleted a GPO?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...