All Apps and Add-ons

Separating Splunk app by permission

wailoont
Engager

Hi Splunk,

I have an app in Splunk (Splunk app for Jenkins), however it is used by another team already, all the indexes needed by the app is also used. We dont want to share the data with other teams.

How can i use the same app, but we can keep the data visibility to our team only.

We dont want to share data with other team, so i am interested to see if we can separate app permission and usage among teams.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Apps can only be installed once. Even if they could be installed multiple times the attributes would be merged and you'd end up with something different from what you expect.
You can make a copy of the app using the CLI and then change all of the index references to your index set.

An aside: Splunk is intended to break down silos of information, not reinforce them.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...