All Apps and Add-ons

Sending AWS data from heavy forwarder to indexer

Stokers_23
Explorer

Our splunk environment consists of a Universal Forwarder, Heavy forwarder and Indexer.

We are importing our AWS cloudtrail data from an S3 bucket using SQS via the AWS Add on. I have configured this on the HF which has created a config entry under {SplunkApp}/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/local/inputs.conf

[aws_sqs_based_s3://CloudTrail]
aws_account = MY-EC2-ROLE
aws_iam_role = Splunk
index = aws_fwd
interval = 300
s3_file_decoder = CloudTrail
sourcetype =
sqs_batch_size = 100
sqs_queue_region = eu-west-2
sqs_queue_url = https://account/queuename
disabled = 0

When you create an input type it requires an index to send the data (here it's aws_fwd). However I want to send this on to the indexer in a seperate index. How can I specify this so the data goes from AWS into the HF and then onto the indexer? The HF > Indexer output is configured on port 9997 - any help would be great.

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

If you are trying to route data to multiple sets of indexer you want using the routing and filtering options of the HF.

Here is the the Splunk Doc - Route and filter data

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...