All Apps and Add-ons

Seeing "there was an error processing the upload" in SoS app

a212830
Champion

Anyone else get "there was an error processing the upload"?

0 Karma

nwieseler
Path Finder

Seeing this on the latest version of S.o.S... 3.2 on Splunk Enterprise (Windows 2008R2) 6.1.4. Trying to upgrade via web UI from 3.1.0 to 3.2.

When I try and update from the Apps Manager I get:
An error occurred while installing the app: 500

When I try and update via Install app from file I get:
There was an error processing the upload.

This stuff gets so old lol...

Nick

0 Karma

pasito
Explorer

I had this issue. It was a result of me having an open Explorer window in side of the /etc/apps/. I closed the explorer window and than the upload worked fine.

0 Karma

nwieseler
Path Finder

I should note that I simply deleted the app dir. in /etc/apps and installed from file via the UI and things worked fine after that.

Nick

0 Karma

jan_wohlers
Path Finder

same here...

installed new splunk instance 5.0.3. reboot splunk. try to install app... error occurs

Any suggestions?

0 Karma

a212830
Champion

Never did find out why it had issues loading it, and I had to open a case with support to get it working. The problem ended up being file permissions issues - on their side, not mine.

0 Karma

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This hasn't been reported before. Can you please clarify the exact circumstances under which this error is observed? What steps were taken to trigger it?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...