I am getting unknown command. I exported the app globally so I do not think this a permissions issue.
The feature is is implemented as a external lookup not a command. To utilize the lookup the macro back ticks are needed. I realized finally that the MarkDown syntax on the documentation page was consuming the ticks making the documentation render incorrectly I found a way to no have that happen now so the documentation is now correct.
Per the documentation this is a macro not a command you must as with any search macro use the back tick ` please copy and paste spl from the documentation.
@rfaircloth: As explained in one of your earlier posts, I used the back tick ` when executing the command. I used exactly the spl from the documentation and tried also many other options - still the same error. However, I just realized the error message comes from the splunk indexer (search head and indexer are on different servers). Do I have to install the app also on the indexer or adapt some configuration? Many thanks.
I apologize when I read your question I did not understand the error. Can you send me the search.log file from the SH and one indexer?
Also list the mmdb files in the app directory
I could solve the problem - it works now! The problem was the missing GeoLite mmdb in the data folder of the app. It seems to be that some information (e.g. city, country etc.) comes from this database and I only had the GeoIP mmdb for getting further details (e.g. ISP etc.).
I am getting the same error (Script for lookup table 'SecKitIPLocation' returned error code 1)? How did you solve the problem?
The python script is located here:/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SecKit_SA_geolocation/bin
and the corresponding Maxmind Data here: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/SecKit_SA_geolocation/data
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks, it's finding the command now, but now i run into this error
 Script for lookup table 'SecKitIPLocation' returned error code 1. Results may be incorrect.
any suggestions on how to debug?
verify the max mind files you are licensed for downloaded into the data folder.
Here are the maxmind files I have in the data directory
-rw-r--r-- 1 splunk splunk 27386100 Feb 15 23:02 GeoIP2-ISP.mmdb
-rw-r--r-- 1 splunk splunk 96409528 Feb 15 23:06 GeoIP2-City.mmdb
-rw-r--r-- 1 splunk splunk 2525314 Feb 15 23:07 GeoIP2-Country.mmdb
Do I need more?
Just wanted to check did you get past this, if not send me a private message I can webex with you
Wanted to follow up feel free to email me or direct message I can help you get this working
@rfaircloth Thanks for creating this tool - it is very helpful.
Getting the same error on splunk 6.3.3
index=* sourcetype=mylogs earliest=-1h | seckit_iplocation(ip)
"Unknown search command 'seckit'. "
This app is not implemented as a search command, we are using external lookup, I provided a macro which requires the back tick
index=* sourcetype=mylogs earliest=-1h | `seckit_iplocation(ip)`
ebaiey can you copy and paste the search you attempted to run. This app does not have an external command I used external lookup for performance reasons.