All Apps and Add-ons

Search _internal by Series

hartfoml
Motivator

I have created two letter ID's for my indexes. I would like to know how each index is doing so I search the _internal for the index name like this:
index="_internal" source="*metrics.log" per_index_thruput series="aa"
this will show me the amount of data indexed and I can count or sum or timechart.
I want to do this for all my two letter series but I don't know how to do the search without including all the unwanted series. Somehow I need to restrict the (series="**") to only two letters. All the other series have more than two letters.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Lamar
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try this:

index=_internal source=*metrics.log group="per_index_thruput" | rex field=series "^(?<good>[a-z_]{2})$" | search good=*

View solution in original post

Lamar
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try this:

index=_internal source=*metrics.log group="per_index_thruput" | rex field=series "^(?<good>[a-z_]{2})$" | search good=*

hartfoml
Motivator

Thanks that was the key

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...