All Apps and Add-ons

Sankey sorting

Lucas_K
Motivator

Is there a method to sort sankey by the largest cumulative item in the left side group?

I'm doing some throughput analysis and I i'm displaying volume between two nodes and we need to see it arranged from biggest to smallest.

I've tried doing a cumulative total and sorting on that.
The stats table I produce is in the correct order but the sankey makes its own determination that I can't figure out.
I've sorted through every available field and can't figure out what it is using as a sort.

alt text

0 Karma

kiril123
Path Finder

It should be possible to develop a custom command in Splunk which sorts Tree segments in the desired order and then pass the output to a Sankey diagram for visualisation.

This is my attempt to develop a custom sorting:
https://github.com/kirilb1/Tree_Traversals

0 Karma

magnew_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@Lucas K

I just came across your question. We do not support sorting in the current version of the Sankey, but I have filed your feature request for consideration in the future. Let us know if you found a way to do it that was good enough for you. Someone else might be interested.

Thanks for the feedback!

joshualarkins
Explorer

I would also be very interested in this feature.

0 Karma

chrzz
Observer

Hi! Any updates on this? We would also like the sort feature to be implemented.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...