All Apps and Add-ons

Salesforce removing TLS1.1, will this impact the Splunk Add-on for Salesforce?

chadmedeiros
Path Finder

Hello,

Forgive me if this is a silly question but I thought it would be best to directly ask here. Salesforce recently announced they will be Disabling TLS 1.1 support ( https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000321556&type=1&mode=1 ) in September / October.

Our Splunk instance supports teams currently pulling data from Salesforce using this addon. They are proactively concerned about whether this will have an impact on the functioning of this app. I did some searching for tls-related information in the app configs and scripts, but didn't find anything I recognize.

Advice greatly appreciated.
Thank you

0 Karma

khusain_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

Latest Splunk version supports upto tls 1.2 so there shouldn't be a problem, however, you can check the tls version being used between Splunk and salesforce by using below command from Splunk instance for Salesforce server:

openssl s_client -connect ip:port

Where, ip = Salesforce server IP

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...