All Apps and Add-ons

SSL Certificate Checker

cmesaros
Explorer

Hello,

I want to use SSL Certificate Checker to monitor all certificates expiration date from my networks. It is possible this?

Best regards,
Cristian

1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yeah this app won't help you then, sorry!

Nice use case though. I do have the commands for remotely checking an expiry date on ssl certs. Would you like those for reference? Maybe you can write your own script.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The app currently supports checking expiration dates of local certificates only. If you have a host with all the certs, you could use it on that host to monitor all the certs (PKI machines might have all your certs for example).

I'll add this as an enhancement request for the next time I write code for this app though.

If this answers your question, please let us know by
marking as the answer and maybe upvoting too.

cmesaros
Explorer

Thanks for your fast answer. I have IPA servers can I read certificates from there?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Cristian

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you have *.pem files on the ISA for all the certs?

0 Karma

cmesaros
Explorer

No. IPA is equivalent to FreeIPA ( integrated Identity and Authentication solution for Linux). IPA stores all certificates in certificate database.

Thanks a lot.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yeah this app won't help you then, sorry!

Nice use case though. I do have the commands for remotely checking an expiry date on ssl certs. Would you like those for reference? Maybe you can write your own script.

0 Karma

bballad
Explorer

I am looking at a similar use case. Do you mind sharing those commands?

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

echo | openssl s_client -connect someserver:443 2>/dev/null | openssl x509 -noout -enddate

bballad
Explorer

Thanks

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...