All Apps and Add-ons

SSL Certificate Checker: Which extensions are supported?

rodspower
Explorer

Hi Michael, How are you?

I would like to know which extensions the SSL Certificate Checker are compatible? I already tried with .cer and .pem , it works!. Is it possible to read from the .KDB extension?

Thanks you

Regards

1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you use the non-automatic method in that you specify a path to the cert, then it will not matter if its a crt, cert, pem, etc. as long as it is x509.

If you use the automatic discovery method, it looks for any case of .PEM. If it's not .pem .Pem .pEM etc it wont be recognized / found by the automation. I coded it that way because most of the splunk docs say "path to your cert in PEM format", etc.

Thanks for checking the app out!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you use the non-automatic method in that you specify a path to the cert, then it will not matter if its a crt, cert, pem, etc. as long as it is x509.

If you use the automatic discovery method, it looks for any case of .PEM. If it's not .pem .Pem .pEM etc it wont be recognized / found by the automation. I coded it that way because most of the splunk docs say "path to your cert in PEM format", etc.

Thanks for checking the app out!

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That’s a good question. I’ll have to look at the code and get back to you

0 Karma

rodspower
Explorer

Thank you for your reply, your splunk add-on is a life saver. Another question , Is it possible to retrieve more information about the certificate? like the issuer? Sha1? Sha2? 256bits ...all the stuff that is inside the certificate

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

We could extend the functionality to do anything you like... just if i can find the time...

I can imagine there being checkboxes on the setup page to "enable/disable" options like start date, end date, full text of the cert, etc. Even options for pkcs12, modulus, etc.

0 Karma

rodspower
Explorer

Do you want some help to extend functionalities?? I don't know how to code in splunk, but I can learn.
You have a great add-on here , like I said previously, It's a life saver. Thank you for your help and time explaining all the add-on can do and how to setup.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could help by sharing enhancement requests with me. I see a lot of people are using the app but you’re one of the first to ask anything. So ask away and I’ll implement what I can when I can. If you have a more immediate need there are plenty of splunk partners who develop customized apps. You can find us in #appdevs on slackchat.

0 Karma

damode
Motivator

Is SSL Certificate Checker supported or compatible with Splunk Cloud ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...