All Apps and Add-ons

SPLUNK nmon: Is it possible to have "OR" condition for "Optional: Filter hosts populating"?

samstar
Engager

Hi there,

Seems it not accept regex. I have tried , : ; and so on.

hosta* | hostb*

is it possible to have 2 filters by or condition?

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello !

The optional filter input is a simple input text box which is designed to be used for filtering server names available upon selection.

It acts as a implicit "AND" boolean condition in addition with the "host" multiselect / dropdown forms, such that the query will be defined as:

<query> host=$host-filter$ $host$ 

In its design, the purpose is having a free text filter which you can use depending on the server naming convention, let's say that you use "lp*" for Linux Production servers, using this in the free form filter would populate the host form with only the relevant servers.

I will think about that and check how it could be improved without adding too much complexity in the design of the interfaces 😉

Kind regards,

Guilhem

View solution in original post

0 Karma

samstar
Engager

thanks Guilhem

0 Karma

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello !

The optional filter input is a simple input text box which is designed to be used for filtering server names available upon selection.

It acts as a implicit "AND" boolean condition in addition with the "host" multiselect / dropdown forms, such that the query will be defined as:

<query> host=$host-filter$ $host$ 

In its design, the purpose is having a free text filter which you can use depending on the server naming convention, let's say that you use "lp*" for Linux Production servers, using this in the free form filter would populate the host form with only the relevant servers.

I will think about that and check how it could be improved without adding too much complexity in the design of the interfaces 😉

Kind regards,

Guilhem

View solution in original post

0 Karma
.conf21 Now Fully Virtual!
Register for FREE Today!

We've made .conf21 totally virtual and totally FREE! Our completely online experience will run from 10/19 through 10/20 with some additional events, too!