All Apps and Add-ons

SNMP_TA Failed to register transport and run dispatcher: bind()

pgadhari
Builder

Hi All,

I have configured snmp_ta app to get data from one of the server that runs DCIM solution. I want to collect snmp traps from this server. I created the data input in snmp_ta as follows, but when I am saving it, it gives below error. Please help resolve the issue ?

02-20-2019 15:16:10.376 +0400 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/snmp_ta/bin/snmp.py" Failed to register transport and run dispatcher: bind() for (u'10.192.245.10', 162) failed: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address snmp_stanza:snmp://dcim

my inputs.conf :

[snmp://dcim]
communitystring = public
do_bulk_get = 0
do_get_subtree = 0
index = dcim
ipv6 = 0
snmp_mode = traps
snmp_version = 2C
sourcetype = snmp_ta_dcim
split_bulk_output = 0
trap_host = 10.1.1.15
trap_port = 162
trap_rdns = 0
v3_authProtocol = usmHMACMD5AuthProtocol
v3_privProtocol = usmDESPrivProtocol
mib_names = DCIM_MIB-V2-new
object_names = 1.3.6.1.4.1.2011.2.15.2.4.3.3.0.1

Thanks
PG

0 Karma
1 Solution

pgadhari
Builder

Yes, my issues was fixed. There was a firewall issue (network ports were not opened properly). After fixing that, it started working. Also, I did not use any vendor MIBs, whatever default MIBs was available with Splunk was used.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

Yes, my issues was fixed. There was a firewall issue (network ports were not opened properly). After fixing that, it started working. Also, I did not use any vendor MIBs, whatever default MIBs was available with Splunk was used.

0 Karma

ptrckjncbngn

Encounterting this issue too. Does anyone knows how to fix this?

0 Karma

sbnainfosec
Loves-to-Learn

Hi ,

Have anybody resolve this issue. I am also getting same error:
message from "python /data/splunk/etc/apps/snmp_ta/bin/snmp.py" Failed to register transport and run dispatcher: bind() for (u'*', **) failed: [Errno 13] Permission denied snmp_stanza:snmp://cisco_prime

Thanks,

0 Karma

ptrckjncbngn

have you fixed this issue?

0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

Can somebody help me to resolve this issue please ?

0 Karma

ptrckjncbngn

0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

@Damien Dallimore - Can you help me resolve the above issue please ? Thanks.

0 Karma

ptrckjncbngn

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...