All Apps and Add-ons

Remove listing of an app from the Management App list

gekoner
Communicator

I have a duplicate listing of an APP in my Manager >> Apps
When I try to modify, or disable the App I want to remove I get the following error:
Error occurred attempting to disable SplunkforF5: In handler 'localapps': Cannot update application info: Cannot disable application: SplunkforF5: Could not find writer for: /nobody/SplunkforF5/app/install/state [0] [C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc].

I have already checked the /etc/apps directory for this App and it was removed long ago. There is a similar folder, as the new F5 App was download and installed. But now I have two listings in my Manager >> Apps list and it is confusing. How do I remove this void entry from my listed Apps?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gekoner
Communicator

I think my issue was isolated. We upgraded to 4.2 and it no longer displays. I'm guessing this was a bug in 4.1.6

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gekoner
Communicator

I think my issue was isolated. We upgraded to 4.2 and it no longer displays. I'm guessing this was a bug in 4.1.6

0 Karma

gekoner
Communicator

0 Karma

ewoo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Search for directories that match the globbing pattern:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/*/SplunkforF5

If you find any, delete them, and restart splunkd.

gekoner
Communicator

gnovak, Thanks! I think my issue is I installed the App twice. I did a search for "SplunkforF5" and returned no results, but I did get results for "Splunkforf5".
Notice the small "f".

The interesting thing is it doesn't display in any of my menus, or the App drop-down list from the main search page. It only displays in the /manager/search/apps/local page, which is the Manage Apps... menu.
It is just annoying at this point.

0 Karma

gekoner
Communicator

davecroto, Thank you for your answer... this was tried long ago. I think I'm having an issue different than the standard "removing your app".
I was thinking this would be in some conf or xml file somewhere. Still searching.

0 Karma

gnovak
Builder

NM...i did a find and found a few last minute traces of it. Hey try a find and see if you can get anything. Do a search from your home directory for like "find ./ -name "SplunkforF5" and see if you notice anything out of place or weird.

gnovak
Builder

I am also having this problem. I completely removed an app and it's gone everywhere else except the management list. I did a ./splunk restart and it still did not remove it.

0 Karma

davecroto
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Bounce Splunkd.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...