All Apps and Add-ons

Reinstalling Splunk DB Connect 2, why will the RPC Service not start and cannot find Java?

pricea
Engager

Trying to re-install the Splunk DB Connect 2 app from scratch. However, receiving multiple errors regarding the RCP Service. The message that I am receiving is:

JRE Status: Traceback (most recent call last): File "D:\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_db_connect\bin\dbx2\jre_validator.py", line 32, in target self.process = subprocess.Popen(self.command, **kwargs) File "D:\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__ errread, errwrite) File "D:\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child startupinfo) WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Furthermore, it looks like the javascript is not working either. When going to the default page, nothing will load. I have to manually append the URL with /settings to get to the settings page (likewise for alerts and search). However, the Explorer and operations pages never load.

D:\Splunk\bin>java -version
java version "1.8.0_66"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_66-b18)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.66-b18, mixed mode)

Any thoughts?

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

We had a similar problem for the same reason and it went away when we re-installed JRE with the latest version.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

We had a similar problem for the same reason and it went away when we re-installed JRE with the latest version.

0 Karma

pricea
Engager

Yep, that did the trick. Had to move from jre7 to jre8 as well. The DB Connect app is hosed, but I just exposed dbxquery to the search app to complete what I need to. Thanks!

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Right, I forgot to mention that doing this, causes V1 to break so you cannot run both at the same time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...